Prepare the pie dough
- Place the flour, sugar, and salt in the food processor;
pulse to combine.
- Add the butter cubes to the machine and pulse until the
mixture resembles coarse meal. With the motor running, slowly
pour the ice water in; process until the dough start coming
- Divided the dough in half; shape into 2 disks; wrap in
plastic wrap, and chill at least 1 hour.
Preheat the oven to 375 degree Fahrenheit
- Roll a disk of the pie dough on a lightly floured surface
to about 1/8 inch thick.
- Line a nine-inch pie pan with a part of the pie, trim
the edge; leave about 1-inch border of dough overhanging
- Mix the filling ingredients except the butter together,
and pour into pie shell, and dot with butter.
- Roll the other disk of pie dough to the same thickness.
Brush the pastry edge with egg wash; place the dough on
top and cut four steam vents. Trim the excess pastry, leaving
a 1/2-inch overhang. Press the edges together to seal and
shape. Brush the top with the remaining egg wash; bake in
the oven for about 50 minutes, until crust is golden, and